Did any of you guys take beta blockers after developing PSSD? Did you have a bad reaction?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
throwaway

Did any of you guys take beta blockers after developing PSSD? Did you have a bad reaction?

Unread post by throwaway »

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering taking propranolol to blunt excess adrenaline.
Juno

Re: Did any of you guys take beta blockers after developing PSSD? Did you have a bad reaction?

Unread post by Juno »

I got symptoms 2 days after stopping Propanolol. Although doctors it's menopause and I also had some sort of recurring infection just before, so not 100% sure it was the Propanolol or not. I had take Mirtazapine 2 months before and Sertraline 2 months before that.
Gone 4

Re: Did any of you guys take beta blockers after developing PSSD? Did you have a bad reaction?

Unread post by Gone 4 »

Took 40 mg propanalol for a month and a half , had no effects(good or bad).
Ch21

Unread post by Ch21 »

I've tried Propranolol and I think it improves my numbness and libido. But I got new symptoms like profuse sweating.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Took propranolol before pssd and after pssd with no side effects whatsoever.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

took beta blockers with DMT got blacked out for almost 1h

I'd not take them alone or every day as that's likely to desensitize your body to 5ht
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

throwaway wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:09 am Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering taking propranolol to blunt excess adrenaline.
No effect on me PSSD wise. They definitely stop adrenaline though which is good!
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)