Looking for a connection between Trazodone and Phenibut

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Trazohell

Looking for a connection between Trazodone and Phenibut

Unread post by Trazohell »

This guy experienced the same symptoms of Phenibut as I did after Trazodone (see link). In Reddit he wrote that he recovered after three months, unfortunately I'm still stuck in this state after almost three years.
Now I am interested in the similarities of these compounds.
The only thing I could find is a dopaminergic mechanism of action. Since I got restless legs syndrome after only one pill of Trazodone, could this indicate a dopamine imbalance? But why did the RLS recover and my sexuality not?

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/can-ph ... sd/35180/4
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Trazohell

Re: Looking for a connection between Trazodone and Phenibut

Unread post by Trazohell »

No ideas here from all the "experts" (Meso, Nasibi etc) ? How is it possible, that a complete different medication can cause same symptoms?
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
arahant

Re: Looking for a connection between Trazodone and Phenibut

Unread post by arahant »

Trazohell wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:20 pm No ideas here from all the "experts" (Meso, Nasibi etc) ? How is it possible, that a complete different medication can cause same symptoms?

It's difficult to know, maybe the symtoms are coming from something else in common (other mental issue), not the medications, or maybe forum reports are so vague that selection bias gives the impression of "equal symtoms", but not all symptoms were reported in both cases, and just common symtoms are considered. Like just the tip of iceberg was reported.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)