Can Sex Offenders Change - BBC iPlayer

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Kk88

Can Sex Offenders Change - BBC iPlayer

Unread post by Kk88 »

Documentary on BBC iPlayer about sex offenders. Anonymous interviewee who previously had an uncontrollable sex drive and inappropriately exposed himself on a regular basis while masturbating so much that he claims 'it left no time in the day for anything else' -

'OK so this is the medication I'm using (Shows fluoxetine box). It's the standard SSRI serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, which is usually prescribed as an antidepressant. I know a number of other people (ie other sex offenders and addicts) have been struggling to get them prescribed for what they want them for, and in some cases people have actually had to go to the GP and claim to have depression even if they don't, just in order to get the pills prescribed."

So fucking infuriating that dirty perverts are taking SSRI's to repress their sexuality because it's so widely known that the have this effect, yet the medical profession still won't accept this thing that is glaringly obvious for all to see. I am so angry and upset.
Last edited by Kk88 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twentyoneguns

Re: Can Sex Offenders Change - BBC iPlayer

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Absolutely outrageous. Its also being widely touted as a cure for premature ejaculation.
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Sackville96

Unread post by Sackville96 »

Kk88 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:43 pm Documentary on BBC iPlayer about sex offenders. Anonymous interviewee who previously had an uncontrollable sex drive and inappropriately exposed himself on a regular basis while masturbating so much that he claims 'it left no time in the day for anything else' -

'OK so this is the medication I'm using (Shows fluoxetine box). It's the standard SSRI serotonin rey-take inhibitor, which is usually prescribed as an antidepressant. I know a number of other people (ie other sex offenders and addicts) have been struggling to get them prescribed for what they want them for, and in some cases people have actually had to go to the GP and claim to have depression even if they don't, just in order to get the pills prescribed."

So fucking infuriating that dirty perverts are taking SSRI's to repress their sexuality because it's so widely known that the have this effect, yet the medical profession still won't accept this thing that is glaringly obvious for all to see. I am so angry and upset.
"Sex drive is dampened whilst on the pills". That's what they'd say. As always, the impression created would be "Everything returns to normal upon cessation of the medication". A nonce who developed pssd would be just as ignored as everyone else.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

[/quote]
"Sex drive is dampened whilst on the pills". That's what they'd say. As always, the impression created would be "Everything returns to normal upon cessation of the medication". A nonce who developed pssd would be just as ignored as everyone else.
[/quote]

Yep, you're right. It's a good anecdote I guess - I always tell people about the prisoners given SSRIs to reduce their sexuality when people seem questioning and uninterested, which seems to shock them to attention!