New interesting theory on PSSD/PFS/PAS

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
HereToHeal

Re: PSSD Solved- Rootcause found

Unread post by HereToHeal »

An easy way to confirm this theory would be testing for high IgE levels right?
If we all tested high, then we are potentially fighting a pathogen, or at the very least have some allergies/inflammation.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

'PSSD solved' - can we have a bit more of a realistic subject please, it's completely unfair to use such hyperbole when people are so desperate for hope
BABA YAGA

Unread post by BABA YAGA »

HereToHeal wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:01 am An easy way to confirm this theory would be testing for high IgE levels right?
If we all tested high, then we are potentially fighting a pathogen, or at the very least have some allergies/inflammation.
The pathogens perpetuate wrong immune response which is established by allergies mediated by IgE & Eosinophils. Not everyone may have allergies though.
HOPE & DETERMINATION is Everything! Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/nER8BCk
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

cdraham wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:06 am What is next? Pay-to-access discord server? Bargain price for once in a lifetime chance for a PSSD research lab in India?

Maybe you should start a blog like Meso did, fill it with your theories and try to rank it on Google so more people will join your "research server".
Here we go! :o
BABA YAGA wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:29 am
Markc1113 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am I have still had allergy issues
You can join my Discord server & PM me. I'll give you some tests based on your symptoms mate.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Kk88 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:13 am 'PSSD solved' - can we have a bit more of a realistic subject please, it's completely unfair to use such hyperbole when people are so desperate for hope
Updated title
HereToHeal

Re: PSSD Theory

If people don't agree with this theory, they should explain scientifically why they don't think it is correct. That at least, gives the one who proposed the theory a chance to explain, also scientifically, his standpoint.

There is no point in discussing anything else aside from the science as he already said that he is not charging any money, thus eliminating the possibility of being "conned".
sylv

Re: New interesting theory on PSSD/PFS/PAS

Unread post by sylv »

Well, I have written very detailed paragraphs on this interesting theme, but as the forum logged me off and deleted my long posting I'll keep it extremely short now.

Probably as the only person with PSSD, I have been tested with a battery of immunological tests, including T-helper TH1/TH2/TH17, IL10, Il6, IL23, IL17, TNFa and was told by very recognized immunology professor, a researcher with thousand of citations, that the thing is probably more neurological in nature. That something is causing a major autonomic system failure. My main symptoms were getting worse on anti-inflammatory drugs and lack of fever, even after being injected with a pyrogenic.

I myself got a lot better when having a flu ( without a fever ) so immunology / infections have some effect on PSSD. But not being much convinced it's a root cause.

Thanks for bringing up The Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome. Another thing to look at in from PSSD perspective
HereToHeal

sylv wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:41 pm Well, I have written very detailed paragraphs on this interesting theme, but as the forum logged me off and deleted my long posting I'll keep it extremely short now.

Probably as the only person with PSSD, I have been tested with a battery of immunological tests, including T-helper TH1/TH2/TH17, IL10, Il6, IL23, IL17, TNFa and was told by very recognized immunology professor, a researcher with thousand of citations, that the thing is probably more neurological in nature. That something is causing a major autonomic system failure. My main symptoms were getting worse on anti-inflammatory drugs and lack of fever, even after being injected with a pyrogenic.

I myself got a lot better when having a flu ( without a fever ) so immunology / infections have some effect on PSSD. But not being much convinced it's a root cause.

Thanks for bringing up The Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome. Another thing to look at in from PSSD perspective
I've also recently done a lot of tests too (Immunoglobulins, TNFa, T cells, etc) nothing out of the ordinary, except REALLY high IgE levels and eosinophils.
I wonder how is the immune system connected to this. It makes me wonder even more now that the professor told you its probably not the root cause but more neurological.
croboy17

Unread post by croboy17 »

Hello,

New user here , hopefully I am welcome. Im sure ALL of you will find my story interesting. I have never in my life used finasteride/accutane/ssri. When I was about 10/11 years old I visited my doctor for a rash I had on my buttocks, thighs, and biceps. The doctor diagnosed it as a fungal rash (looks like ringworm) and prescribed me hydrocortisone cream (immuno-supressive) Anyways, the cream never helped that much , but it did seem to reduce the rash for a bit before it would flare up again. I would pick up more cream every other year or so. Well eventually I got to the age where the rash started to have a negative impact on my self-image and would say I used it maybe too much.

March 2016- After eating 5 eggs for breakfast every morning for the last 2-3 years. Something changed one morning. I developed hives all over my body. My skin went pale. This had never happened to me in my life ever. It took about 3 hours for the hives to settle down. I immediately attributed this to the eggs, but thought maybe it was just a bad "pack of eggs" I ate. Anyways once the rash settled I decided to try another pack of eggs. I broke out in hives again! I immediately called my mother and told her that it looks like I developed some new egg allergy or something. My brother even gave me shit for trying it again saying that I can die from severe allergic reaction. The next day my soccer/football team went on preseason training 4-5 hours away in another city. At the team hotel I decided to try eggs again. Once again I broke out into hives and my coach was worried for me as well so I missed practice. To be clear I had no symptoms beside the hives at this point.

April 2016: I returned to Canada my birth country. I avoided eggs all this time. I started my first job working on a construction site. All was fine.

May/June 2016: A few months into my job something had happened. I do not know what happened during this time , as I could not even put the pieces together. Basically I was just working 10 hours a day, drinking black coffee, and eating salads. I would come home and run for 1 hour at the track then play soccer with my friend for 2 hours and go to sleep for the next work day. This time was all a blur. I noticed that for the first time in the last 10 years the fungal rash on my thighs/buttocks/biceps had COMPLETELY dissapeared!!! This was a shock to me.

July/August 2016: I sat on the toilet one morning and felt really strange. I noticed that I had not had "morning wood" I sat on the toilet for a little bit longer and said to myself. "Hold on a minute, I havent had morning wood in the last few months" I panicked and tried to get hard and it was like something I can not explain. I could not get an erection. The genitals were numb like rubber. My scrotum was tight and close to my body.

September 2016: I started to panic and thought the diet/overtraining fucked up my testosterone levels. I went to my doctor and she said all was normal and that it was probably all in my head. I did more research and came across cauda equina syndrome and for 1 month I believed I had this. During this time I was still going to the gym but this is when new symptoms set in. Dry eyes, horrible arm pit odor, strange smelling farts, leaking urine/stress incontinence. SEVERE restless legs syndrome.

2016-2018: I have visited multiple doctors with no help. Eventually I decided to read more into the internet and came across Post FInasteride/PSSD,PAS. These guys were basically my twin. I even contacted a doctor for help (John Crisler) He told me it sounds like PFS and I should get my DHT levels checked. Indeed they were low 176 (350-850) I was scared, and eventually quit my job because I felt like I had nothing left. I tried Creatine to raise dht, but it did not work.

2019: I stumbled upon a doctor on youtube (Joel Rosen) who was talking about something called the "dutch test' he was also talking about DHT. So I found this interesting. I decided to contact him via instagram. I begged him for help and he agreed to look at my hormones. He saw the low dht , elevated dhea-s etc. He did not seem to worried about this. Immediately he asked for my regular blood test results. His response?

"You have an immune system issue. No amount of DHT in the world will fix you. You have to address the immune system first. I suspect this is all driven by a reactivated VIRAL INFECTION"

I was soo angry at his response. How can he not be concerned with my low dht!? I ignored him and went on another year of searching for answers. All this until I found on another forum where a user states "finasteride causes immune system dysfunction and causes dormant infections to reactivate. BOOM! This shit hit me and I immediately rememebered what the good doctor from instagram said to me.

I will leave it at this. My blood results show Elevated Lymphocytes, decreased neutrophils. My IgE is 790.9 (0-100) I also have elevated calprotectin 126 (0-100) Calprotectin = gut inflammation. Stool test showed Blastocystis hominis. DHT 176 (350-850) despite never taking dht inhibitor.

https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/rin ... roids.html
"Steroid creams also can make ringworm worse because they weaken the skin’s defenses. In rare cases, steroid creams allow the fungus that causes ringworm to invade deeper into the skin and cause a more serious condition."

My theory is that we basically have skewed Th1/Th2 balance. I have found people cured from treating Fungal infections, Candida, Chlamydia trachomatis, and viral infections? What do these all have in common? These are all intracellular pathogens. Th1 is needed to address these intracellular pathogens. Th1 in our case is supressed due to over active Th2.

We also have the guy cured from treating e. histolytica (parasite)
"In their Parasite Immunology article on worms and viral infections, Dr. Kamal et al. explain why some parasitic worms aggravate the immune response.[13] Because parasitic worms often induce Th2 cells and lead to suppressed Th1 cells, problems arise when Th1 cells are needed.[13] Such cases occur with viral diseases.[13]"
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

New user here , hopefully I am welcome. Im sure ALL of you will find my story interesting. I have never in my life used finasteride/accutane/ssri.
Wait, if I got it right, you have never taken any of the called poisons above. And you developed all symptoms, like you said:
"Post FInasteride/PSSD,PAS. These guys were basically my twin
."

. I even contacted a doctor for help (John Crisler) He told me it sounds like PFS and I should get my DHT levels checked. Indeed they were low 176 (350-850) I was scared, and eventually quit my job because I felt like I had nothing left. I tried Creatine to raise dht, but it did not work.
Have you got a diag of PFS without ever taken Finasteride?

Then you experienced panic for not having "morning woods" and "scrotum/penis shrinkage" like most of your "twin brothers".

That's really tough man.

I hope you find a good doctor that helps you.

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)