Have you sued the manufacturer?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.

Have you sued?

Yes I have.. I won
No votes
Yes I have..I lost
No votes
Yes I have.. in process
No votes
Not yet but will definitely do
No votes
Not gonna sue
20%
I may sue, depending
80%

Total votes: 5
JakeLawe

Have you sued the manufacturer?

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Simple question.

I still have some numbness in my dick and basically no semen.
It's been 4 months since discontinuation.

I'd grab and torture these assholes myself til the end of times but that's not legal so I may just have to sue, depending.

I know some people have committed suicide.. sometimes I feel like doing it but that will only hurt my family.

My best bet is to fully recover with time the next months.

I read about people like anhedonic ape and such... who is in jail because of it?

Anyway, I feel suicidal today.. who has sued? Anyone has joined a class suit action?
Last edited by JakeLawe on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxx

Re: Have you sued the manufacturer?

Unread post by Jaxx »

Ive edited some text to keep it constructive...
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

There is no way to prove Pssd or to make a clear comparison about how we were before, so I think this would be pretty hard. Maybe one day if we learn how to physically ‘show’ pssd eg brain scans, certain hormone levels etc, but realistically I think our efforts are better concentrated elsewhere. I’d rather be cured than not be cured with money in the bank!

Plus it’s basically the perfect crime - by design everyone with Pssd had psych Issues which is the perfect get out for them to dismiss our issues.

There are lots of positive stories coming through at the moment - try and focus on those and experimenting with things people have had success with.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

I have also considered suing. I predominately got on antidepressants for PE, not depression. Yet now I have no libido, Ed, shrinkage, and numbness.. I can prove that..and my dr can prove I never saw him for any of that prior?
JakeLawe

Kk88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:07 pm I’d rather be cured than not be cured with money in the bank!
Of course! think I speak for all when I say we all rather have our pre sertraline dicks back than have the money!

I do sometimes think suing may be the only way to bring this whole "my dick still not the same after months of discontinuation" issue to the manufacturers.. seems asking nicely for proper warning labels, let alone asking them to work on an antidote isn't working.

Suing can be done, one only needs say one's psychiatrist that one is still experiencing stuff.. he is obliged to document it..that's all a lawyer needs.

This being said, I also agree that, if possible, is best to remain positive.. I'd go as far as to say that anyone with less than one year withdrawing has nothing to do in the forum let alone taking supplements, and I'm guilty here, things will revert back on its own.. two years maybe and would still be within "normal" parameters.

Of course cases vary and some people's symptoms are rather unbearable and scary so I don't blame them for trying stuff asap.

It's hard because we went for help and we end up with torture.. suing isn't close a retribution.. not close to a compensation.. it's done more to make these people put proper warnings..

But, let's remain, if possible, positive, many people do completely recover.

It'd be nice to let lurkers post anonymously without the "hassle" of registration.. I wonder how many lurkers got things reverted back within six months or less.. it's an act of love to let people know before we leave the forum for good.

I agree there's many complete recoveries stories and even some people finding happiness and girlfriends and having sex in spite of still recovering..

I vote for a "positive only" sub forum.. sometimes I only want to read recovery stories I know there's a thread about it but it has links.. I mean a whole forum.

Overall, I agree with you. Thank you for replying!
PSSD_Throwaway28

Unread post by PSSD_Throwaway28 »

Kk88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:07 pm There is no way to prove Pssd or to make a clear comparison about how we were before, so I think this would be pretty hard. Maybe one day if we learn how to physically ‘show’ pssd eg brain scans, certain hormone levels etc, but realistically I think our efforts are better concentrated elsewhere. I’d rather be cured than not be cured with money in the bank!

Plus it’s basically the perfect crime - by design everyone with Pssd had psych Issues which is the perfect get out for them to dismiss our issues.

There are lots of positive stories coming through at the moment - try and focus on those and experimenting with things people have had success with.
Although getting an individual or class action lawsuit together would be hard, I don't think it would be impossible like some people seem to think. It is well documented that a side-effect of SSRI's is nervous system dysfunction that can manifest as paresthesia, anesthesia, and/or hypoethesia of the genital region. Plus, there are now more than a dozen peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals acknowledging the existence of PSSD. So, what you would need are four things:

(1) your medical record stating that you complained of genital numbness/general sexual dysfunction while on the anti-depressant.
(2) your medical record stating that complaints persisted after discontinuation of the drug.
(3) A test verifying your symptoms (e.g. a nerve conduction test).
(4) your medical record stating that all other potential causes of numbness/sexual dysfunction have been ruled out.

Obviously (3) - (4) is the most challenging, but it is possible depending on your symptoms. If you just have E.D. or low libido, you are probably out of luck since doctors aren't sure what causes E.D. in a lot of cases and it is difficult to prove. However, if you have genital numbness things are a bit different. Hypoesthesia/Anesthesia can be empirically verified by your doctor using various tests like the stick poke test or more advanced methods that utilize electric currents. Believe me, if you can pinch your genitals and not feel it, these tests will pick something up. Then other causes have to be ruled out, this would require you to get a psychiatric evaluation, blood tests, a lower back X-Ray, a pelvic ultrasound, and an MRI/MRN to rule out the following:
- Conversion disorder
- Low Testosterone
- Spinal Cord Injury
-Pudendal Nerve Damage
- diabetes mellitus
- severe hypothyroidism
- Vitamin B-12 Deficiency
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Isolated Lesion/Tumor
- Prostate Problem

Now, obviously this process would take a lot of time, but if you could rule out all these other things and demonstrate a link between your SSRI use and the onset of your symptoms, I think you would actually have a pretty strong case. Anyway, worth thinking about for anyone who has the time, resources, and inclination.
JakeLawe

It's definitely possible without all of that I'd say. I already spoke about it with a personal injury lawyer.. she's now a employee lawyer but has experience on these things. She said that I need things documented.. I told her that I spoke with my psychiatrist after like a month after I quit the sertralinr to let him know what the fuck.. I remember he writing stuff.. I told him about genital numbness etc..asked him for bethanechol and buspirone but only gave me the buspirone because "he can't prescribe bethanechol" which I now think was bullshit but oh well.. before that I had a previous documentation of my symptoms on that same clinic but with another psychiatrist.

My lawyer said "that's it.. if you're still experiencing this in a year, call me." I'm trusting it won't be necessary, but even when I'm back 100% I may still want to sue for all the time , money and stress that they put me through.. I probably won't once I'm healed, though..it's why I added "depends" I don't know how I'll feel.

She did said that at least in my state suing the doc may be tricky as the state protects these assholes.. but that suing the manufacturer, specially joining a class action suit together can be done, that I can see if more people want to join, assuming I'd go through with it.

She has had clients sued in the past for vaginal surgeries gone bad and other stuff.

All we ask for are warnings.. of course these people not gonna put a warning on the bottle saying their meds may cause any of the symptoms listed even after months of discontinuation.. nobody gonna want to take them! They'll lose the market! They probably want to keep torturing and paying individuals before putting an ethical proper warning.. they lose less money that way, I imagine.

She did said one has two years to sue.. at least in my state.

I suppose once one gets healed one can't sue..one should still be able to, though!
Last edited by JakeLawe on Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JakeLawe

Any of those things that need be ruled out.. i think one still has a case if docs find out that the ingestion of ssri is actually the cause of that (low test, pudendal nerve damage, etc).. which it actually is, as far as we know.. those and many other stuff it seems as some people have internal bleeding of organs, glaucoma etc after ssris, though some of those are in the label, like the glaucoma.

One can only sue for that which we weren't warned about, like genital numbness, low semen, etc.. and particularly any of those, even the listed ones.. lasting for months after discontinuation! No warning about that on the label!.. or by doctors for that matter, tho I suspect many of them know but still pretend not to because they would be out of work too if they tell their patients.. they'll ran out of things to prescribe and of those juicy $300 per hour consults..the torturers..
angeloinvolo

Unread post by angeloinvolo »

We should sue the manifacturers with an international class action. We are many people.
Let's organize and sue. Who is a good leader here? 8-)
Don't take candy from strangers

escitalopram drops 20 mg from 28 august - 6 september 2017
2 drops the first day increasing gradually until 6 the last day (cold turkey)