Sleep aids with PSSD - beware of B6 - recommendation needed

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Janie

Re: Sleep aids with PSSD - beware of B6 - recommendation needed

Unread post by Janie »

Thanks for the tip. It is not the first time I've heard about berberine. I admit I don't know anything else about it atm. Please write a success story if it turns out to be a cure for you.
mrstaircase

Unread post by mrstaircase »

Everyone here is focused on a full recovery succes story but I don’t think that it’s very likely. In my opinion we can only adept to our condition. We need to accept that. I started with a state of anhodenia and asexuality with severe erectile dysfunction and pleasureless orgasms combined with complete tolerance to drugs. Right now I only have low libido. But that’s only the bad sides. The good ones are I have no social anxiety and almost zero stress. So let’s not only focus on the bad sides! I’m in a loving relationship that would have been impossible before pssd because of my social anxiety. I’ve come to terms with this condition and I hope you will become too.

You can and will improve this current state. But it will be unlike anything you were before. As life evolves you will too
afx

Unread post by afx »

It is still possible to have a full recovery so I do not feel we are left only with only one option - to adapt to our condition as altered forever. It is of course a good and necessary thing to adapt, but as well as to keep hope of full recovery in the future, there have been those. And people change with time, in that sense every even healthy person is different then he was decade ago, its simply growing up, gaining life experience, maturing - natural part or all life. Ofcourse, You are right, any major improvement is HUGE thing, its a gamechanger and allowing to enjoy life in healthy people spectrum - kind of situation when one doesnt need to fully fight all the time for recovery further because life becomes really good with what is so far recovered - I think that is what You had in mind and that is by itself great situation to live in. I am glad that You are doing better and that You came to terms with everything, I wish You to keep it up and to possibly in the future improve even beyond, even if You are satisfied of what You gained back - even some advantages like no social anxiety opposed to prePSSD - well done ;)
Missano20

Unread post by Missano20 »

Stay away from benadryl/diphenhydramine at all costs. I crashed HARD from that and it's been a year and a half later with no improvements.

I too struggle with severe insomnia and am awake for 24+ hours at a time and work 12 hour shifts. I would also like to know what works for people.