Do you think general anesthetia from a surgery can induce PSSD?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Deluxillo

Do you think general anesthetia from a surgery can induce PSSD?

Unread post by Deluxillo »

I had a month duration of PSSD window with phenibut days ago, but now im fine. I have a sirugy in September and im afraid a general anesthesia can give me PSSD. What do you think guys?
nasibi

Re: Do you think general anesthetia from a surgery can induce PSSD?

Unread post by nasibi »

If it is benzos like Midazolam, Lorazepam, diazepam or even Propofol it may, because they work through gaba receptors like Phenibut. Ketamine only may be safe. But I think they will include some form of benzo.
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
Blueturtle

Unread post by Blueturtle »

I got surgery literally last week for a broken thumb, I got put under general anesthesia and it didn’t effect my symptoms at all.
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536
hgwxx7

Unread post by hgwxx7 »

Guys, you are exaggerating.
I think the next level would be "I took a painkiller last week will it give me PSSD?"
Blueturtle

Unread post by Blueturtle »

hgwxx7 wrote:Guys, you are exaggerating.
I think the next level would be "I took a painkiller last week will it give me PSSD?"

Lmfao yeah I see what you mean.

However...

Tramadol, the pain med I was prescribed is technically an SNRI! It’s actually been used as a treatment for premature ejaculation with some success.

While it’s effects on serotonin and noriphenephrine are obviously not it’s main effect it might in very very very very rare cases cause lingering sexual sides although the medication is used for such a short amount of time and actually has a very low incidence of any sexual effects at all, it might hypothetically in a hyper hyper hyper sensitive individual trigger something bad.

Like one in a million chance probably.

Probably at the very bottom of meds likely to cause PSSD far below the real antidepressants, or even stuff like mdma and 5-htp supplements.
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

Don't be ridiculous, I know PSSD made us suspicious about drugs, but cmon.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Janzio

Unread post by Janzio »

Blueturtle wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:59 pm
hgwxx7 wrote:Guys, you are exaggerating.

Lmfao yeah I see what you mean.

However...

Tramadol, the pain med I was prescribed is technically an SNRI! It’s actually been used as a treatment for premature ejaculation with some success.

While it’s effects on serotonin and noriphenephrine are obviously not it’s main effect it might in very very very very rare cases cause lingering sexual sides although the medication is used for such a short amount of time and actually has a very low incidence of any sexual effects at all, it might hypothetically in a hyper hyper hyper sensitive individual trigger something bad.

Like one in a million chance probably.

Probably at the very bottom of meds likely to cause PSSD far below the real antidepressants, or even stuff like mdma and 5-htp supplements.
I think this might have actually happened to me. I took tramadol and had an overdose over three months ago and have had symptoms of PSSD ever since.