infinityzer00000 Log

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
joycemiranda

Re: I've pretty much recovered.

Unread post by joycemiranda »

Much thanks to you for returning and sharing your story. Would you be able to potentially share a greater amount of how you could recuperate? I likewise think, for some in any event, this might be identified with injury, and I'd like to utilize that as a reason for endeavored recuperation myself. Be that as it may, I don't have a clue how to manage it. I have a psychotherapist however that hasn't helped up until this point. Would you be able to say all the more regarding what you did another way that may have achieved the recuperation?
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Not trying to be a jerk but I really don't think he has or had pssd
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

raven100 wrote:Thanks for coming back infinityzer. Unfortunately a lot of people on the forum have a good deal of unearned confidence when it comes to what they believe the root cause of PSSD is (or is not).
I can say with full confidence that my PSSD is not from repressed trauma. I should of never been on the SSRI; I was misdiagnosed. Wheres my trauma? A chemical did this to me and no meditation is going to override it.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

been_too_long wrote:
raven100 wrote:Thanks for coming back infinityzer. Unfortunately a lot of people on the forum have a good deal of unearned confidence when it comes to what they believe the root cause of PSSD is (or is not).
I can say with full confidence that my PSSD is not from repressed trauma. I should of never been on the SSRI; I was misdiagnosed. Wheres my trauma? A chemical did this to me and no meditation is going to override it.
Right, same story with me, I have no idea why I took those drugs because I didn't need them. Trauma can worsen some symptoms, but PSSD is real and it's pure chemical, some symptoms like nocturnal erections, morning wood have nothing to with trauma and emotions and are reactions of our body that we can't control. Meditation can help with coping with this nightmare, but won't heal roots of this condition like for example it won't repair a broken arm.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Red88

Unread post by Red88 »

I had PSSD for about three to four years. I just recently recognized that it has indeed resolved.

I believe pssd is what happens when you're shocked psychologically. For some reason, serotonin withdrawal led me to the darkest corner of the universe. It was the scariest experience of my life. And it dropped me there and left me to my own devices. It was hell

Over time, the tension in my mind had lessened, and my physical/emotional symptoms have resolved.
infinityzer00000

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

Snake wrote:
been_too_long wrote:
Right, same story with me, I have no idea why I took those drugs because I didn't need them. Trauma can worsen some symptoms, but PSSD is real and it's pure chemical, some symptoms like nocturnal erections, morning wood have nothing to with trauma and emotions and are reactions of our body that we can't control. Meditation can help with coping with this nightmare, but won't heal roots of this condition like for example it won't repair a broken arm.

This is just not true. I lost all my nocturnal and morning erections man. Stop spreading your lies. They have since started to come back a long with my emotions etc. You took drugs in the first place because you were unwell and you continue to be unwell. Your body has just undergone a traumatic experience and its physically shutting down. Dont listen to me cuz I personally dont care if you dont but all your suggestions on this forum for taking different drugs have little to know effect. I've had a few people message me to confirm what I've suggested is real and effective with no more drugs. It's your choice.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

No more drugs? I think the luvox brought all your emotions and libido back?
Can you gave me some examples from the people messages?
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
infinityzer00000

Your reality and what I have to say.

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

Life as you have known isn't going to be the same, and you have my utmost sympathies. I've lived your experience and it is nothing short of a nightmare. You're frantically desperate and frantically scared at the situation that you are in which is completely understandable. The first thing you will feel and believe is that you are broken, which is true, you most certainly are. Then will you will start to look for a solution. You will go to your doctors and get all these tests done and everything will come back normal and you feel completely lost. Some of you will get tests done and realize there are actual deficiencies which is okay too, but you're here looking for answers and I want to provide some direction.

The truth is that you are not alone and that there is a way out, but you have to be extremely open minded about it. You started as person 'A' and you are now person 'B'. I get that this is very scary and you are allowed to feel this way. I am not expecting you to accept that this is who you will be forever, but I want you to understand that this is who you are for now. You are a broken individual with a complex issue which is not well understood in mainstream medical society. The top posts in this forum will likely be a biological medically based approach to making yourselves better and that is something that I don't agree with completely.

Is it possible that you have a biological deficiency? Perhaps, but it doesn't hurt to take an alternative approach to this. Many of you will describe that you feel dead inside just like I did and that you're a zombie observing life as it happens missing out on the important things in life. The inability to feel love or arousal or excitement. It crushes you. You can't feel your penis or vagina or you can't feel emotions or whatnot I totally get it.

This situation is extreme shock/trauma/stress that you are currently dealing with and society hasn't even made you aware of that this can even be a possibility. You've lost everything that made you YOU and reacting in a pretty normal way. You're freaking the fuck out which is what I did. I was so physiologically stressed that my hair fell out.

You are going to check and compare and check and compare your new self to your old self and feel depressed time after time which is completely normal, but you have to start taking a different approach to how you will get there in the first place.

Somatic psychotherapy. Research this.

I'll be back if there is interest.
Numby

Re: Your reality and what I have to say.

Unread post by Numby »

Most people are on this forum because the psychosomatic approach hasn’t worked for them. Psychotherapy and psychosomatic therapy is what most doctors recommend (if they listen to you at all) and, to be honest, I find it quite annoying to be told that psychosomatic therapy is the answer to our problem over and over again.

There are countless studies on the neurologic and endocrinologic consequences of ssri intake. In addition, there are a lot of animal studies proving that ssris have a permanent impact on sexuality. However, there are absolutely no studies on genital anesthesia as a result of trauma or anorgasmia as a response to trauma. PSSD is not psychosomatic. That doesn’t mean that 100% of users on this forum really suffer from PSSD. However, it’s somewhat discouraging for those who really do suffer from PSSD to be told they should just meditate, eat differently, talk about it or whatever to get cured- because it won’t help.
been_too_long

Re: Your reality and what I have to say.

Unread post by been_too_long »

Numby82 wrote:Most people are on this forum because the psychosomatic approach hasn’t worked for them. Psychotherapy and psychosomatic therapy is what most doctors recommend (if they listen to you at all) and, to be honest, I find it quite annoying to be told that psychosomatic therapy is the answer to our problem over and over again.

There are countless studies on the neurologic and endocrinologic consequences of ssri intake. In addition, there are a lot of animal studies proving that ssris have a permanent impact on sexuality. However, there are absolutely no studies on genital anesthesia as a result of trauma or anorgasmia as a response to trauma. PSSD is not psychosomatic. That doesn’t mean that 100% of users on this forum really suffer from PSSD. However, it’s somewhat discouraging for those who really do suffer from PSSD to be told they should just meditate, eat differently, talk about it or whatever to get cured- because it won’t help.
Thanks for not only saving me the trouble but also stating it a hell of a lot better than I would. I get sick of being told its just "repressed trauma." I was misdiagnosed panic attacks from a valid medical issue. So where is the trauma and stress that caused this?! A year as a combat medic (want stress.... try sticking your hands up to your elbows in your best friends guts and tying them back together while swearing to him hes A-OK.) Crossed branch to a recon sniper for years.. witness stuff a Buddhist monk would cry from. Another 12 years as a merc... walked away from it mentally unscathed. Yeah;I think Ive proven stress and "trauma" does not effect me like most.

A freaking chemical did this to me... only a chemical will take it away. Science.. not mumbo jumbo.. is the answer.