infinityzer00000 Log

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
infinityzer00000

Re: I've pretty much recovered.

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

Optimist wrote:This is brilliant news. I'm so happy for you. I've thought along these lines too. There is some deep seated pain or trauma running like a silent engine affecting my mood, thoughts, focus, and libido. The thing that got me though is the chemical side of things. It literally happened right after I stopped the anti-depressants. So it is good to hear someone say this and have an objective now, heal myself.

What else do you recommend besides meditation? And I'm a little scared of going back on an Anti-depressant :shock:

And are you off the Fluvoxamine?
Yes. I am currently just over a week off the medication. I can't really recommend anything because it depends on the elements of trauma that effect your life and where they come from. I recommend meditation because it teaches you awareness. Before I was taught how to be aware of my own body I had no idea the deep pain that was stored within. It was dark and sucking the life out of me. You can message me and we can talk about these things if you want. Your body is your protector and is doing everything it can to help you avoid your pain and survive.
infinityzer00000

Jaxx wrote:Thanks for your candid feedback. Not sure i understand though, did you also recover from sexual side-effects? And did it change coming off fluvoxamine?
I am recovering from the sexual side-effects just like I am recovering from all the other side effects like the cognitive and emotional effects I suffered from as well. They all seem to be getting better in tandem with each other which makes a lot of sense. When I have a big emotional release from doing my trauma therapy then I will notice a spike in my mood and my sexuality. Then the trauma either shifts or builds up again or I uncover something else and I have to do the work again. I have no OCD, anxiety, or depression at this point and I am way more alive than I have ever been in the past 10 years, but I am not fully recovered.
infinityzer00000

IHateProzac wrote:
Did you take any other SSRI or ADs after fluvoxamine? Are you still on fluvoxamine? What brand of fluvoxamine are/were you using?

I myself started out with fluvoxamine (Faverin) for my OCD. One positive thing on fluvoxamine/Faverin was that in the beginning, I used to have emotional ejaculations. So the drug may have that effect. The adverse effect, which still persists, was the loss of touch sensitivity of the penis. I stopped taking it after a couple of months, not cold turkey but it was still quick. Didn't change anything sexually except the sensitivity thing. After some months when my OCD worsened and I started taking Prozac. It improved everything, including sexual function. In fact, it enhanced it. But once I stopped taking Prozac all hell broke loose = PSSD.
I did try a couple antidepressants after fluvoxamine but nothing seemed to help. My mind was erratic and I couldn't sleep for years. I was a disaster. When I went back on the fluvoxamine it allowed me to sleep which improved my cognitive function which did in turn allow me to work through all the trauma in my life. How can your sexuality exist when your so stressed and in a state of turmoil? We treat ourselves with these drugs and not the underlying causes of our ailments. We continue to suffer in pain despite not experiencing the symptoms when we are on these medications. I think taking the pills just allows our bodies to build up all this pain and suffering until we stop them and then BOOM. Immense stress and trauma are ever present in our life with the inability to handle it all. At this point instead of being a conscious thing that we are aware of the body shoves that pain down deep within itself and we shut off. We shut off emotionally, cognitively and sexually because the body thinks we are near death, that's why people here feel like a shell of themselves, they are essentially near death and alive. The body is trying to protect you to the best of its ability. How can you feel happiness or love or excitement when you're in so much agony?
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

edit.
Last edited by anacleta on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

infinityzer, I totally agree with you!!!
i would love to get details of the kind of trauma therapy that you are doing!
If you feel uncomfortable talking about it in the forum, could you PM me, please?!?
Thanks, T.
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

So folks, I'm seriously thinking about going back to fluvoxamine.
I am similar to infinityzer00000, after stopping fluvoxamine I got sleep disorders that are out of this world.
My "PSSD" started with Trazodon.
I've already tried a few things, including other antidepressants, nothing helps.
I've become so depressed by this thing that I'm about to commit suicide.
Nothing of the young man, who was happy for life despite the depression and was full of passion, is left over.
I have nothing left to lose.
My personal guess:

1. The brain has become firmly attached to fluvoxamine (or other agents). This change is epigenetic, that is, when we stop, the brain does not simply return to the state of origin. We may need to take the drugs for a lifetime to function.

2. It's really trauma. When we leave the drug, all repressed feelings come back, that's too much for our minds at once, it just shuts down areas that are not essential to life (z.B. sexuality, feelings).
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

It is also interesting that I was well about a year after stopping fluvoxamine (until I took Trazodone). If you look at Wikipedia you will see that Fluvoxamine has a therapeutic effect for one year, that is, even if the drug is out of the body, the brain can maintain the altered metabolism for about a year.
With trazodone (which is a serotonin antagonist), I may have finally reversed the effects of fluvoxamine and my psyche has collapsed.
Just a thought ...

But I have to say that after this experience I do not believe that the mind and brain are separate. If one of them is ill, the other will be ill too. You are what your brain is, nothing more.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
infinityzer00000

I would like to keep this idea alive in this forum despite the opposition to it. I understand that there are varying symptoms amongst people in this predicament, but if it helps one or two people then I feel it is worth it. I just don't believe personally that adding more drugs to the situation is going to improve much especially over the long term. I myself am not fully recovered but compared to where I was even a year ago I am basically a new man at this point. I see little improvements week by week and month by month. You can go through my post history and see how broken of a man I was. I had nothing. I was just a dead man walking.

Do these drugs have an impact on your sexual functioning? Absolutely, there's no doubt about it. I had been on different drugs in the past that caused these issues and it was not until coming off of fluvoxamine that I was hit with complete loss of sexual functioning. I'm not here to troll this website, but I firmly believe that if you consider this approach that you can gain some semblance of a life back. I mean what do you have to lose?

The medical system has it all wrong when it comes to treating your mental health. It's a huge industry that makes a lot of money off of your suffering. I would just like to offer some hope to those who have none because I know what it feels like. I spent a decade in a state of absolute hell and at this point I haven't been suicidal or hopeless for about 2 years now. You can heal. I firmly believe it. Your doctors are clueless when it comes to treating this sort of thing. Your body and mind will heal if you go about it the correct way.

Nobody else can relate to your suffering like I can. I was really bad guys and sometimes I break down crying realizing how fortunate I am to escape that hell. I'm still here and check up on this place from time to time and I will answer your questions whenever I can.

Take care.
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

Thank you for coming back and sharing your story. Could you possibly share more of how you were able to recover? I also think, for many at least, this may be related to trauma, and I'd like to use that as a basis for attempted recovery myself. But I don't know what to do with it. I have a psychotherapist but that hasn't helped so far. Can you say more about what you did differently that might have brought about the recovery?
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Thanks for coming back infinityzer. Unfortunately a lot of people on the forum have a good deal of unearned confidence when it comes to what they believe the root cause of PSSD is (or is not).
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature