infinityzer00000 Log

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
infinityzer00000

Re: infinityzer00000 Log

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

I would also like to take the time and thank the moderators for allowing my posts to continue. Traditional western medicine has not focused on our ability to heal the ailments that we have faced, rather they have focused on the symptoms. Hence the drugs that we have taken. You went to a doctor seeking relief for depression or anxiety or OCD from a figure of authority that you put your trust in and it has led you to here.

I spent nearly a decade going through the medical system in Ontario, Canada begging for answers and it got me nowhere. I paid therapists hundreds of dollars per hour to help me. I begged and I pleaded. Nothing helped. They don't have the appropriate perspective when it comes to healing the body and the mind. I didn't believe it was possible either. I know it sounds like quackery, but at this point some of you don't really have a choice.

If you ever feel like you are at the end and can't take it anymore at least reach out to me. I would like to offer some guidance and hope and it won't cost you anything and it may take me awhile to respond, but I will do my best.
Knowmind

Unread post by Knowmind »

What was it that helped you? I’d like to know. The books The Body Keeps the Score talks about how trauma is affects the body and how the mind body connection is important in recovering from PTSD. Also, describe your physical Pssd symptoms because it’s very important when talk with people affect by this. If your willing to help, I’ll listen to anything at this point. I have very little to loss....
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

My OCD completely vanished after I started to eat clean and stopped eating foods that causes me allergies.
So, was it a trauma to some kind of foods? :?
Cmon. The physiology impacts A LOT our psyche.
infinityzer00000

Halan wrote:My OCD completely vanished after I started to eat clean and stopped eating foods that causes me allergies.
So, was it a trauma to some kind of foods? :?
Cmon. The physiology impacts A LOT our psyche.

I'm not here to discount what works for you. I'm here to tell everyone what has helped for me. OCD from my opinion results from trauma that happens in your life. I don't know why I get so much flack on here. I'm not pushing drugs or asking you to buy anything.
JK24

Unread post by JK24 »

I wanted to add my own experience if I may. I have suffered from depression on and off for the past few years, but over the last year it has gotten way worse. I took 5-HTP for a few days in January 2019 and have experienced PSSD symptoms after that.

Now here it goes: I agree with the OP and also with success stories like the one from Bunny. I also had lack of nocturnal erections and believed, this cannot be psychosomatic. However, there IS a link between hormones and thoughts. That‘s why you can treat depression both with psychotherapy and drugs! Cognitive behavioural therapy changes your irrational, twistes thoughts that causes your depression (which is NEVER based on realistic thoughts - read „Feeling Good“ by David Burns if you want to find out more), and drugs change hormones - BOTH have the effect of making you less depressed. So CLEARLY, thoughts can change hormones, and hormones/drugs can change thoughts. How could it be differently?

Furthermore, regular depression, without any medication envolved DOES cause physical symptoms! If you feel extremely tired or lose your appetite or slur your speech because you‘re depressed, those are PHYSICAL symptoms. So depression can cause physical symptoms just as much as medication can.

My view on this whole thing is that it can be treated ANALOGOUSLY to depression: by medication, by psychotherapy, or BOTH. My approach, just as for my depression, has been: I don‘t want to take antidepressants, I choose psychotherapy. And it has worked so far! EVER SINCE I started telling myself the following „I have low libido. Low libido is a SYMPTOM of depression. I suffer from depression. Therefore I SHOULD have low libido as long as I suffer from depression“ my symptoms have IMPROVED. Once during sex with my ex-girlfriend she gave me a blowjob and I felt NOTHING. But then I quickly told myself: „Loss of pleasure from activities I used to enjoy is a SYMPTOM of depression, and I suffer from depression. Therefore I SHOULD get no pleasure from this blowjob“ and in an INSTANT, I felt more! In an INSTANT, as SOON as I relaxed JUST A BIT MORE, the blowjob felt AMAZING.

The same approach worked for basically COMPLETELY curing myself from pleasureless orgasms within a few days. I had a few good days where my depresion was almost gone, and when I masturbated I just told myself that sexual anhedonia, i.e. pleasureless orgasms, is a symptom of depression, therefore I should suffer from it. My orgasm quality improved CONSIDERABLY and has done ever since, to the point where I‘ve gotten USED TO having good orgasms again.

My morning erections also started returning when I stopped obsessing.

I have yet ANOTHER argument why this whole thing is psychosomatic, that was quite convincing to me: I NEVER really found any symptom that CANNOT be caused by depression. EVERY symptom I experienced and subsequently searched for, had depression as one possible cause. No matter what symptom I had, it could ALWAYS be attributed to depression.

Now some of you might say: But some of my symptoms are hard to describe, I just feel weird, not like myself.
Well, excessively worrying about your health and feeling weird, is a SYMPTOM OF DEPRESSION. In my life, 100% of the cases where I told someone „I just feel weird, I can‘t explain it, I feel like not my normal self, I can‘t stand it, I just want everything to be back to normal again!!“ it was PSYCHOSOMATIC, and I snapped out of it at the latest when I visited a doctor and he told me there was no physical reason.

ANOTHER argument that gave me a hint that it was psychosomatic, was that my symptoms always IMPROVED after I visited a doctor and I stopped worrying about the condition for a minute. The first time after I visited my GP, my girlfriend and I had FANTASTIC sex and I thought I was cured. Then I started worrying again and it started getting worse again. Have you ever notied that the more you worry, the worse the symptoms get? That gave me the clue that it‘s psychosomatic, because no PHYSICAL illness I‘ve ever had had this property. The second time after I visited the doctor and he told me „FORGET about the 5-HTP. It‘s 99% psychosomatic but I‘ll get you a transfer to an andrologist and check your hormones anyway, if it will help you relax and stop worrying“, my symptoms improved again!

On thing I also experienced: I worried about my testicle size. Anytime I felt bad, I could almost FEEL my testicles shrinking, thinking I had low testosterone. I SAW that they looked smaller. They FELT smaller. It was so PHYSICAL, it was so REAL. Can‘t be the depression, right? You CANNOT shrink your testicles by having irrational, twisted thoughts, right? So it MUST be physical. Well, I put my belief TO THE TEST: I MEASURED my testicles every day, sometimes when I thought they looked normal and healthy, and also when I felt like they are small and unhealthy. They were ALWAYS EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE. I THOUGHT that they looked smaller, I was CONVINCED. But it WASN‘T ACTUALLY TRUE. Furthermore I looked up „average testicle size“ and concluded that my testicles were even slightly above average in size, but totally in the normal range. I STOPPED worrying about my testicles since then!

The SAME thing happened with my sperm volume. I thought that I was producing less sperm. It MUST be physical right? Well, I started measuring and quickly found out that the sperm volume was not only always the same, it was also always in the normal healthy range (normal is 2-5ml, 4 ml being about a teaspoon full). Since then I STOPPED worrying about sperm volume and started having more normal feeling ejaculations.

I could go on, but you get the gist. If you want to find out more about cognitive behavioural therapy and how your thoughts influence your feelings, check out „Feeling Good“ by David Burns. Great book!

If you want to find out more about excessive worrying about your health / hypochondria, check out Wikipedia. For me, it was eye-opening to see that it seems to be a SYMPTOM of hypochondria that your symptoms improve after a visit at the doctor - it was the same way for me!

Finally, one thing that has helped me a lot was any kind of activity where you stop thinking - especially exercise. If you go for a run, or lift weights, or swim, or go cycling, and do it in way where you FOCUS on your BODY AND BREATH, or do it so fast that you are FORCED to take a BREAK FROM THINKING AND WORRYING, this can go a long way to help you relax and feel better. For me this has worked often.

One final note on 5-HTP: Since both DRUGS and PSYCHOTHERAPY/THOUGHTS can influence feelings, I think it‘s in no wqy implausible that a sudden withdrawal from an SSRI or 5-HTP can TRIGGER such symptoms and also thoughts that cause excessive worrying, just as durgs can alleviate depression symtpoms. However, you CAN treat them by changing your THOUGHTS, just as you can treat your depression by changing your thoughts. You see what I mean? That‘s just a basic feature of mental illnesses like depression, where both drugs and therapy can influence your symptoms. For me, PSSD falls into that same category.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

JK24 wrote:I wanted to add my own experience if I may. I have suffered from depression on and off for the past few years, but over the last year it has gotten way worse. I took 5-HTP for a few days in January 2019 and have experienced PSSD symptoms after that.

Now here it goes: I agree with the OP and also with success stories like the one from Bunny. I also had lack of nocturnal erections and believed, this cannot be psychosomatic. However, there IS a link between hormones and thoughts. That‘s why you can treat depression both with psychotherapy and drugs! Cognitive behavioural therapy changes your irrational, twistes thoughts that causes your depression (which is NEVER based on realistic thoughts - read „Feeling Good“ by David Burns if you want to find out more), and drugs change hormones - BOTH have the effect of making you less depressed. So CLEARLY, thoughts can change hormones, and hormones/drugs can change thoughts. How could it be differently?

Furthermore, regular depression, without any medication envolved DOES cause physical symptoms! If you feel extremely tired or lose your appetite or slur your speech because you‘re depressed, those are PHYSICAL symptoms. So depression can cause physical symptoms just as much as medication can.

My view on this whole thing is that it can be treated ANALOGOUSLY to depression: by medication, by psychotherapy, or BOTH. My approach, just as for my depression, has been: I don‘t want to take antidepressants, I choose psychotherapy. And it has worked so far! EVER SINCE I started telling myself the following „I have low libido. Low libido is a SYMPTOM of depression. I suffer from depression. Therefore I SHOULD have low libido as long as I suffer from depression“ my symptoms have IMPROVED. Once during sex with my ex-girlfriend she gave me a blowjob and I felt NOTHING. But then I quickly told myself: „Loss of pleasure from activities I used to enjoy is a SYMPTOM of depression, and I suffer from depression. Therefore I SHOULD get no pleasure from this blowjob“ and in an INSTANT, I felt more! In an INSTANT, as SOON as I relaxed JUST A BIT MORE, the blowjob felt AMAZING.

The same approach worked for basically COMPLETELY curing myself from pleasureless orgasms within a few days. I had a few good days where my depresion was almost gone, and when I masturbated I just told myself that sexual anhedonia, i.e. pleasureless orgasms, is a symptom of depression, therefore I should suffer from it. My orgasm quality improved CONSIDERABLY and has done ever since, to the point where I‘ve gotten USED TO having good orgasms again.

I have yet ANOTHER argument why this whole thing is psychosomatic, that was quite convincing to me: I NEVER really found any symptom that CANNOT be caused by depression. EVERY symptom I experienced and subsequently searched for, had depression as one possible cause. No matter what symptom I had, it could ALWAYS be attributed to depression.

Now some of you might say: But some of my symptoms are hard to describe, I just feel weird, not like myself.
Well, excessively worrying about your health and feeling weird, is a SYMPTOM OF DEPRESSION. In my life, 100% of the cases where I told someone „I just feel weird, I can‘t explain it, I feel like not my normal self, I can‘t stand it, I just want everything to be back to normal again!!“ it was PSYCHOSOMATIC, and I snapped out of it at the latest when I visited a doctor and he told me there was no physical reason.

ANOTHER argument that gave me a hint that it was psychosomatic, was that my symptoms always IMPROVED after I visited a doctor and I stopped worrying about the condition for a minute. The first time after I visited my GP, my girlfriend and I had FANTASTIC sex and I thought I was cured. Then I started worrying again and it started getting worse again. Have you ever notied that the more you worry, the worse the symptoms get? That gave me the clue that it‘s psychosomatic, because no PHYSICAL illness I‘ve ever had had this property. The second time after I visited the doctor and he told me „FORGET about the 5-HTP. It‘s 99% psychosomatic but I‘ll get you a transfer to an andrologist and check your hormones anyway, if it will help you relax and stop worrying“, my symptoms improved again!

On thing I also experienced: I worried about my testicle size. Anytime I felt bad, I could almost FEEL my testicles shrinking, thinking I had low testosterone. I SAW that they looked smaller. They FELT smaller. It was so PHYSICAL, it was so REAL. Can‘t be the depression, right? You CANNOT shrink your testicles by having irrational, twisted thoughts, right? So it MUST be physical. Well, I put my belief TO THE TEST: I MEASURED my testicles every day, sometimes when I thought they looked normal and healthy, and also when I felt like they are small and unhealthy. They were ALWAYS EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE. I THOUGHT that they looked smaller, I was CONVINCED. But it WASN‘T ACTUALLY TRUE. Furthermore I looked up „average testicle size“ and concluded that my testicles were even slightly above average in size, but totally in the normal range. I STOPPED worrying about my testicles since then!

The SAME thing happened with my sperm volume. I thought that I was producing less sperm. It MUST be physical right? Well, I started measuring and quickly found out that the sperm volume was not only always the same, it was also always in the normal healthy range (normal is 2-5ml, 4 ml being about a teaspoon full). Since then I STOPPED worrying about sperm volume and started having more normal feeling ejaculations.

I could go on, but you get the gist. If you want to find out more about cognitive behavioural therapy and how your thoughts influence your feelings, check out „Feeling Good“ by David Burns. Great book!

If you want to find out more about excessive worrying about your health / hypochondria, check out Wikipedia. For me, it was eye-opening to see that it seems to be a SYMPTOM of hypochondria that your symptoms improve after a visit at the doctor - it was the same way for me!

Finally, one thing that has helped me a lot was any kind of activity where you stop thinking - especially exercise. If you go for a run, or lift weights, or swim, or go cycling, and do it in way where you FOCUS on your BODY AND BREATH, or do it so fast that you are FORCED to take a BREAK FROM THINKING AND WORRYING, this can go a long way to help you relax and feel better. For me this has worked often.

One final note on 5-HTP: Since both DRUGS and PSYCHOTHERAPY/THOUGHTS can influence feelings, I think it‘s in no wqy implausible that a sudden withdrawal from an SSRI or 5-HTP can TRIGGER such symptoms and also thoughts that cause excessive worrying, just as durgs can alleviate depression symtpoms. However, you CAN treat them by changing your THOUGHTS, just as you can treat your depression by changing your thoughts. You see what I mean? That‘s just a basic feature of mental illnesses like depression, where both drugs and therapy can influence your symptoms. For me, PSSD falls into that same category.
Then you haven't ever had PSSD. Man, I'm the one of the most positive thinking members on this forum, I know that psychological problems can influence it, but the disease as real as you or me and has nothing to do with depression, it may even cause it.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

JK24 wrote:I wanted to add my own experience if I may. I have suffered from depression on and off for the past few years, but over the last year it has gotten way worse. I took 5-HTP for a few days in January 2019 and have experienced PSSD symptoms after that.

Then you haven't ever had PSSD. Man, I'm the one of the most positive thinking members on this forum, I know that psychological problems can influence it, but the disease as real as you or me and has nothing to do with depression, it may even cause it.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

I agree with Snake. If you can cure yourself by thinking positively, this is not PSSD.

I was extremely depressive and suicidal and suffered from severe bulimia for 10 years before I started fluoxetine and I never had any kind of sexual dysfunction before taking fluoxetine. The dysfunction started immediately on starting fluoxetine. Fluoxetine cured my bulimia within 4 to 6 weeks and also cured my depression. I did not have any symptoms of bulimia or depression after stopping fluoxetine. The only thing that stayed was the sexual dysfunction. Since I hadn’t realized that PSSD exists, I didn’t blame fluoxetine for the problems I had. I just thought it was a phase that would go away. There was no panic, no trauma or other extreme feelings involved. I felt very (!) good for years although I suffered from severe sexual dysfunction. It’s not true that this dysfunction was psychosomatic. If yours is, it is not PSSD.

It’s good that you feel better because you think positively. However, it puts a lot of pressure on all the people that cannot cure themselves by thinking positively. They may feel like it’s their own fault that the sexual dysfunction they experience persists. And it’s not.
decadence

Unread post by decadence »

JK24,maybe in mild cases your approach you described work well. But I cannot see how it is possible for someone with severe PSSD especially with genital numbness , loss of libido etc. I think you are mild case. Do you ve genital numbness?
infinityzer00000

Hi everyone,

I would like to come back with an update. I know there are many people on this forum who will discount my experience, but I would like to post my updates anyway. I haven't achieved full recovery but I am well on my way. I think there are a couple of people that have found my advice useful and I would like to continue that. This forum doesn't like the idea that there could be a psychogenic cause to their issues because of the significance between taking/stopping their drugs and their onset of symptoms. I myself was one of those individuals. I'm not here to deter you on your path towards fixing yourself I'm just here to provide you with an alternative when maybe things aren't working out so well. The promotion of different drugs and blood chemistry can't be overlooked, but I feel that way about the mind and the body. If you want to discredit this than by all means. I would just like to offer some sense of hope in a way that as been beneficial to me.

I like to know things. I like to read about why things are and how they work. I feel like that was why I was put on this earth. I've just had a knack for it ever since I was born and this was my greatest challenge. There is no comprehension to the amount of suffering that many of you are going through and some of you can seem to exist with out it, which is great, but I want to at least provide those who are searching for a different way out.

The facts about this unique situation are that you are damaged in some way, whether it be sexually, emotionally or psychologically in some way. The problem is that western medicine has dealt with this by treating the symptoms themselves which is completely illogical. Everyone who has come to this forum has taken drugs which has altered their being in a negative way. This I completely understand. The level of stress and shock is not to be taken lightly.

Your numbness or lack of emotion or feeling or whatever the reason you are here is truly significant and most western doctors are adamant to dismiss as nonsense will only make you feel worse. I get it.

My opinion is that introducing new chemicals to your body isn't going to make the situation better in the long run. You may have temporary relief, but you'll be back to your old self, which seems to be common here. People try something and experience relief for a bit and then go back to suffering. I want to call this a placebo effect but it might seem offensive to people reading this. This is not my intention. I am you and I understand your suffering. I really do.

I want to introduce you to a doctor that recently passed away and his name is Dr. John E. Sarno. He wrote a book called 'The Divided Mind' and it explores the psychogenic reasons for why we experience a lot of unexplained pain and disorders in our lives. You are going to think that my suggestion is crazy which is understandable, but you should know that he did as well. It's not as simple as 'this is in your mind' because that sounds ridiculous, but it helps you to understand why your body and mind have chosen to do what it has.

I think I can say confidently that people who visit this forum are victims of abuse and thats why they were on medications in the first place. These medications are definitely ineffective because all they do is treat the symptoms. The symptoms themselves are there for a reason.

You have a choice right now like I did. Am I completely recovered? No. Am I way better off than I was before? Absolutely. I am enjoying my life in many way despite the struggles I have day to day. Your subconscious is in a significant amount of pain.

I continue to respond to messages. Good luck.