infinityzer00000 Log

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
infinityzer00000

infinityzer00000 Log

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

I know many of you aren't likely to listen to me, but there's no harm in telling you my opinion on the matter. I originally went back on fluvoxamine after hitting rock bottom and having symptoms of pssd for 8 or 9 years. I simply couldn't function anymore. Well I was on fluvoxamine for about 2 years and now I've currently been off the stuff for a week now. I still have a bit of work to do but I've made huge progress from the broken shell of a man I used to be. I just found a path that gave me hope and followed it.

While many of you try to figure this out from a physiological perspective in terms of medications and hormones and what not I literally meditated and physically (in a therapeutic way) climbed my way out. The fluvoxamine allowed me to rest and think clearly which allowed me to see the source of my ailments which I believe for most here is trauma related.

OCD, depression, anxiety, numbness and other symptoms are all manifestations of a lifestyle filled with trauma. I think the pills are just a stressors that pushed us over the edge into a deep state of trauma which is both physiological and psychological at the same time.

We all went on these drugs FOR A REASON. We didnt recognize that there are underlying reasons for why our body/mind go into these states.

I enjoy things again and I havent had a suicidal thought in over a year and I sleep well.

Your body is trying to tell you all something and you just arent listening. I can cry and feel empathy and I have pretty much zero issues getting and maintaining an erection. I'm even having sexual dreams again. I still work on myself every day.

I was abused by my parents for over 20 years and it takes a long time to overcome that, but you can.

Good luck.

Complex PTSD sneaks up on you and you dont even realize you've been a victim.
Jaxx

Re: I've pretty much recovered.

Unread post by Jaxx »

Thanks for your candid feedback. Not sure i understand though, did you also recover from sexual side-effects? And did it change coming off fluvoxamine?
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11328247/

By the way PSSD are not "trauma" related
To pathei mathos
infinityzer00000

Jaxx wrote:Thanks for your candid feedback. Not sure i understand though, did you also recover from sexual side-effects? And did it change coming off fluvoxamine?

The sexual side effects are improving the more I recover from the effects of the trauma. I was severely mentally I'll and had these effects when I initially came off the medications about 10 years ago. My erections are fine over all though.
infinityzer00000

Dryed wrote:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11328247/

By the way PSSD are not "trauma" related
Believe what you will. I never thought I'd get the slightest bit better and now here I am. I just want to post my story and see if it can help anyone. I wouldn't have believed this myself back when I was severely unwell. I had zero hope.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

thanks for updating us.

I'm glad you are feeling better.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

infinityzer00000 wrote:I know many of you aren't likely to listen to me, but there's no harm in telling you my opinion on the matter. I originally went back on fluvoxamine after hitting rock bottom and having symptoms of pssd for 8 or 9 years. I simply couldn't function anymore. Well I was on fluvoxamine for about 2 years and now I've currently been off the stuff for a week now. I still have a bit of work to do but I've made huge progress from the broken shell of a man I used to be. I just found a path that gave me hope and followed it.

While many of you try to figure this out from a physiological perspective in terms of medications and hormones and what not I literally meditated and physically (in a therapeutic way) climbed my way out. The fluvoxamine allowed me to rest and think clearly which allowed me to see the source of my ailments which I believe for most here is trauma related.

OCD, depression, anxiety, numbness and other symptoms are all manifestations of a lifestyle filled with trauma. I think the pills are just a stressors that pushed us over the edge into a deep state of trauma which is both physiological and psychological at the same time.

We all went on these drugs FOR A REASON. We didnt recognize that there are underlying reasons for why our body/mind go into these states.

I enjoy things again and I havent had a suicidal thought in over a year and I sleep well.

Your body is trying to tell you all something and you just arent listening. I can cry and feel empathy and I have pretty much zero issues getting and maintaining an erection. I'm even having sexual dreams again. I still work on myself every day.

I was abused by my parents for over 20 years and it takes a long time to overcome that, but you can.

Good luck.

Complex PTSD sneaks up on you and you dont even realize you've been a victim.
Did you take any other SSRI or ADs after fluvoxamine? Are you still on fluvoxamine? What brand of fluvoxamine are/were you using?

I myself started out with fluvoxamine (Faverin) for my OCD. One positive thing on fluvoxamine/Faverin was that in the beginning, I used to have emotional ejaculations. So the drug may have that effect. The adverse effect, which still persists, was the loss of touch sensitivity of the penis. I stopped taking it after a couple of months, not cold turkey but it was still quick. Didn't change anything sexually except the sensitivity thing. After some months when my OCD worsened and I started taking Prozac. It improved everything, including sexual function. In fact, it enhanced it. But once I stopped taking Prozac all hell broke loose = PSSD.
Optimist

Unread post by Optimist »

This is brilliant news. I'm so happy for you. I've thought along these lines too. There is some deep seated pain or trauma running like a silent engine affecting my mood, thoughts, focus, and libido. The thing that got me though is the chemical side of things. It literally happened right after I stopped the anti-depressants. So it is good to hear someone say this and have an objective now, heal myself.

What else do you recommend besides meditation? And I'm a little scared of going back on an Anti-depressant :shock:

And are you off the Fluvoxamine?
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Last edited by anacleta on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Great, I am thinking along these lines as well. Severe trauma CAN cause a permanent shut-down of your system, a permanent state of dissociation. The symptoms of which are pretty much the same as for PSSD.
I believe that deep rooted trauma and PSSD use the same physiological mechanisms to shut-down the body.
My hope is that there is a way out via good trauma therapy.
Bunny and you and a couple of more guys earlier in the forum that I forgot the names of are examples that this can work.
Thanks for sharing and I would love to hear more from you every now and then here in the forum!
Cheers, T.